Euro Decals Panavia Tornado GR.4/4A Part 2 ED-48120
Screen printed by Fantasy Printshop
PANAVIA TORNADO GR.MK 4:
There are several 1/48 kits out there and most will probably gravitate to the Revell or perhaps the Hobby Boss versions. There is also an Italeri kit as well as one from Airfix but they are older tooling.
The first option provided is from 14 squadron based at Lossiemouth in 2005 and is in the 90th anniversary scheme with a roundel blue fin.
Next up is an aircraft from 31 squadron aircraft based at RAF Marham in 2005. It also celebrates the 90th anniversary of the unit. Note that the nose flash was not handed on the original sheet, but a replacement decal is provided.
The final option is from 15 squadron, also at Lossiemouth in 2005. It has a black fin leading edge/tip and a black spine that also encompasses the cockpit. This aircraft also is marked in celebration of their 90th anniversary.
The decal sheet is very large and provides all the unique markings and insignia for all three markings. Stencils will need to come from the kit though Fantasy Printshop does offer a separate stencil sheet for the Tornado
- Powerplant: two Turbo-Union RB.199 Mk 103 turbofans each rated at 16,000lb st (71.50kN) with afterburning
- Length: 56ft 6¼in (17.23m)
- Height: 19ft 6¼in (5.95m)
- Wingspan, spread: 45ft 7½in (13.91m)
- Wingspan, swept: 28ft 1in (8.56m)
- Wing area: 286.33sqft (26.60m2)
- Maximum take-off weight around: 61,600lb (27,950kg)
- Maximum speed: Mach 1.3
- Armament: Paveway II, III and IV series GPS/laser-guided bombs, Brimstone air-to-ground missiles, Storm Shadow cruise missiles, ASRAAM for self defence, one internal 27mm Mauser cannon, plus 1,500-litre and/or 2,250-litre drop tanks, Litening III targeting pod, RAPTOR, Sky Shadow and BOZ countermeasures pods, up to a maximum disposable load of around 19,840lb (9,000kg)