Euro Decals North American Mustangs P-51 ED-48119
North American P-51 Mustang
1. North American Mustang Mk.IV, KH673 GL-N, “Sweetpea”, 5 Sqn. SAAF, Italy, April 1945
2. North American F-51D Mustang, “K”, 1 Sqn., ROKAF, Chinhae Air Base, August 1950
3. North American Mustang Mk.IV, NZ2427, “27”, 3 Sqn. Territorial Air Force, RNZAF, late 1940s
4. North American P-51D Mustang, 44-11222, CV-I, “Jolie Hélène”, 368th FS, 359th FG, USAAF, 1945
5. North American J-26 Mustang, 26115, “K/4”, F.4, Frösön, Sweden, 1951
6. North American F-51D Mustang, A68-563, O-MP, RAAF, 1945
The sheets provide national and individual markings for every scheme, with no shared items, so you can build all 6 options. The decals are beautifully produced, with faultless registration on the sample sheets. The glossy items have minimal excess carrier film around national markings and larger code letters – and where there is fill-in to support smaller characters or groups of items it is crystal clear. The colours and the density of the inks look excellent.
The instructions are supplied as a 4-page A5 colour booklet, with each scheme illustrated as a clear 4-view diagram. The colours for each option are given with FS, Humbrol, Xtracolour, Xtracrylic and Lifecolor matches.
The North American Aviation P-51 Mustang is an American long-range, single-seat fighter and fighter-bomber used during World War II and the Korean War, among other conflicts. The Mustang was designed in 1940 by North American Aviation in response to a requirement of the British Purchasing Commission. The Purchasing Commission approached North American Aviation to build Curtiss P-40 fighters under license for the Royal Air Force. Rather than build an old design from another company, North American Aviation proposed the design and production of a more modern fighter. The prototype NA-73X airframe was rolled out on 9 September 1940, 102 days after the contract was signed, and first flew on 26 October.
- Maximum speed: 703.30 km/h (437.01 mph)
- Maiden flight: 26 Oct 1940
- Length: 32.25 ft
- Wingspan: 36.98 ft
- Passengers: 2